Have you ever been in a situation where you feel that something isn’t right and you are doing it anyway and for some foolish reason you convince (lie) to yourself that you would NEVER(my favorite word) do it again? I know I have.
The purpose of the following list is to remind myself (and maybe get me on a guild trip) to actually realize why I should avoid them in the first place:
- Don’t use your cellphone while driving. If it is something really urgent (99% of the time it really isn’t anyway), use it once you have stopped the car safely. This includes calling and receiving calls, texting, surfing on the net (while you are stuck in traffic), looking up phone numbers etc..
- Always put your child in the appropriate car seat for his age. Having your child sit on your lap and holding him tight does not protect him at all, on the contrary, in case of a crash your child works as an airbag (…)
- Speeding in order not to miss an appointment. I will need to learn to manage my time a bit better in order to avoid the kamikaze speeding while driving and keep myself and the other (lunatic Greek drivers) safe.
- Don’t eat out of frustration. Eat when you are hungry and stick with the healthy stuff. Junk food is bad for your health, your body and your skin. It is as simple as that!
- Pretending to know everything about child raising after you have had your first child is really crap. What works with one child might certainly not work with the other (should you have the courage, passion, patience and endurance to have another one).