- It never gets any easier. You worry and stress and wish that it would be you instead of them every single time.
- Don’t have the illusion that your kid will actually attend the first year of daycare/kindergarten/preschool. Be prepared for the following schedule: one week daycare, three weeks sick at home.
- Be cautious about who you invite over. The definition of ‘sick’ is not the same for everyone. Be willing to lose some of your so called friends in the process.
- Planning and young children are incompatible. Be flexible and prepared to change your schedule around, especially in the winter time.
- The timing of children getting sick is ‘impeccable’. Be prepared to cater for you sick child on the following days: Sundays, national holidays, Christmas, New Years Eve & Easter and don’t forget the favourite time of the year, long awaited and carefully planned holidays.