No, I don’t love winter. As I have mentioned before I have devoted myself utterly and completely to summer. For life. But still, one must appreciate the good things in life and the following are the things I can’t live without during those cold winter days(don’t forget I live in Greece, so cold is anything under 10 degrees C):
- our electric blanket nothing beats entering a warm bed before drifting away to precious sleep-land (once you have been sleep deprived for more than 5 years you tend to worship sleep)
- the (very few) chances I get to snowboard with N. when the snow is fresh, the sun is shining and the day away from my kids turns into one of these bring it on
- Christmas holidays although we haven’t had the perfect WHITE GERMAN CHRISTMAS for a while, we make the most out of it and spend quality time with family & friends over great food (it really can’t get any better than that)
- early nights for the kids ‘look honey, it’s already dark outside (5:30pm)’. No, I haven’t taught Yiannis to tell time, I am not a masochist which brings me to no 5…
- more quality time with N. on the evenings that we STILL have some energy left to interact with each other (tiredness and cozy warm bed are working against this)
- the fireplace should it work properly
- 8 & 9 I ran out of things I love about winter, I can go on and mention the 50 things I love about summer but that wouldn’t be fair to spring.
How about you? Which season are you?
Until next time,