There is a time and a place for everything but sometimes what the person next to you might say has the power to either MAKE you or BREAK you, especially if you find yourself in a not so happy place.
Here is my top 5 list of things one should avoid saying when confronting me or any other lunatic alike:
- THERE IS SO MUCH WORSE OUT THERE. Gee, thank you for pointing this out, as I am a complete self centered idiot that drowns in INSIGNIFICANT SHALLOW PROBLEMS rather than focusing on the good things in my life. I am well aware of the much worse out there and I really DO enjoy my life. However, there are times that even I, with my so called perfect life, get carried away by problems which make me sad or worry. This is not a competition. This is LIFE.
- CALM DOWN. Unfortunately I am neither a robot nor a flawless human being. Sometimes I am frustrated and sometimes I need to get it out there. I will calm down eventually but one thing is for sure. Your suggestion to do so doesn’t bring me there faster. A hug or a simple touch is a much better alternative.
- I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR KIDS. They are so much fun. This is one of my favorites. Leave your job and your old independent life back, have a kid or two, be a stay at home parent and take care of your kid(s) 24/7 and then come back to me and I will have this talk with you. ONLY then.
- I TOLD YOU SO. This is probably the one phrase which triggers the time bomb in me to go ka-boom. I am human. I make mistakes. I learn from my mistakes. End of story.
- THIS IS FULL OF CHEMICALS AND SOOOO BAD FOR YOU. Enjoy the simple things in life, right? Unless I feed myself gummy bears for breakfast and chips for lunch everyday please keep the I-care-about-you-so-I-feel-the-urge-to-dictate-what-you-consume comment to yourself. I cook and I eat healthy. Occasionally I eat junk. So the f*ck, what?
Kindly excuse my not so zen like post. I am having one of those days.
until next time