Do you remember the wise-ass person you were, before you had kids?
No? Good for you. This can only mean two things:
1. You are in complete denial
2. You are in complete denial.
Please repeat after me:
I will never say I will never do that, again. Because truth be told, you will almost certainly will do that at some point or another. Unless you are Heidi Klum or Angelina Jolie with 5 nannies for each child.
Would you like a few examples?
- I will NEVER use TV as a babysitter. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Hysterical, right?
- I will NEVER lie to my children. Oh honey, go watch some more TV, mommy is still working (excuse me for desperately needing some time to myself in order to vegetate in front of my laptop)
- I will NEVER yell at my children. Well you already know how that worked out.
- I will NEVER bribe my children with crap so that I can have a peaceful grocery shopping experience. Lollipops, gummy-bears and kinder chocolate eggs are not considered crap, right??
- I will NEVER punish my children by taking away privileges which have nothing to do with the incident in the first place. If you hit your sister again, there will be no TV for one week!
Thankfully, after 6 wonderfully challenging years, I now know better. I am no longer ignorant. I don’t pretend that I know everything because I really know nothing. I am trying to raise my children in the best way I can and I make mistakes and screw up more than I care to admit. I have decided though NOT to beat myself about it, I just try to do better next time.
This is the only advice I give to you: Get some decent sleep.
Until next time