After 7 days, 20 hours and a couple of minutes (it’s not like I am counting) of bed arrest there are a few things I would like to share with you that have come to my attention:
- voluntarily going to bed rocks, having to stay in bed 24/7 sucks. In order not to permanently damage the excellent relationship I have with my bed I decided to spend the majority of my day on the couch and leave my bed for night rest only.
- he has become me. N. promised me he will never underestimate what I do all day EVER AGAIN. He does everything I used to do, except from the cooking which has fallen into the hands of my poor (and by now exhausted) mother in law who happens to live near by. I think that by the end of this week he will return to work to get some rest.
- I love knitting and I love watching Jamie cook but I pretty much overdosed on both. After knitting all my Christmas gifts and watching Jamie master the art of preparing the perfect turkey (over and over again, thanks Greek TV for all the fantastic re-runs) I am eager to expand my horizons on things I CAN still do from my couch.
- I miss things I took for granted. Taking care of my family is on the top of this list. Cooking, grocery shopping with the kids, baking my own bread, playing with Benny outside. Just plain, ordinary things.
- Help usually comes when you least expect it. My friend M. passed by last night and kindly prepared crispy prosciutto to perfection (let’s not forget WHY I am spending my days on the couch) while loyal and burned out N. had a little meltdown of his own when he declared he was not willing to clean another dirty pan.
- give with all your heart without expecting anything in return. I love to give, I have inherited this from my mom. Sometimes you will get frustrated and you will feel you are the only one giving but I promise you eventually someone will give back and then you will feel like you are on top of this world.
I hope you had a wonderful time with your loved ones.
Until next time