- I have my ‘sunny’ moments and my ‘rainy’ moments. I am rarely in between
- I consider myself both lucky and doomed being half German, half Greek.
- My sister, Alex, means the world to me. She is my rock and my savior.
- I am passionate in everything I do. I can’t do things half way. This is one of the reasons why I decided to quit my job and focus on raising my kids.
- I come from an artistic family (mom and sis both artists, dad a great hobby photographer) and whenever I am asked if I inherited this talent my response is: I am a good cook. I now realize (in writing) that this sounds quite pathetic.
- I love animals. One night I even managed to convince my dad NOT to kill the ENEMY (mosquito) in my room as it needed to be fed since it was carrying the baby enemy and needed the nutrition. Shockingly enough, my father agreed and for this one time (and one time only) I was not stung. RESPECT. Needless to say, mosquitoes are still very much the ENEMY and the only reason I (occasionally) dislike summer nights.
- Although I have lived my whole life in Greece, I can still not get over Greek driving.
- My junk food cravings: chips and gummy bears
- I don’t like beer, never did. No one can seem to remember it.
- I am loyal, trustworthy and honest. Getting less sensitive and more positive (less realistic) are two of my new years resolutions (every year).
- I tend to keep people who make me laugh the closest possible to me.
- I am very close to my mom. We are totally opposites but love each other intensely.
- Working together with my dad for 10 years proved to be one of the most difficult things I ever had to do. If you ask me If I would do it all over again:NEVER. I still love him though.
- My new life (as a mom) has taught me to NEVER say NEVER. I officially take back all the stupid wise-ass comments I made of how I would NEVER co-sleep, breastfeed until I pass out or drive around the block for half an hour until the baby sleeps …the list is too long, trust me on this one.
- Since my husband N. will most probably read this post I have to say that he is the best thing that has happened to me! I will forever be grateful to him for contributing to creating our extraordinary, beautiful, astonishingly wonderful family (although it is still short of a little four legged creature).